Human Capital in Deloitte Consulting is looking for consultants with a passion for technology minded change projects.
What impact will you make?
Do you wish to create an impact, while evolving in a dynamic and inclusive culture founded on cooperation, curiosity and high ambitions? If so, Deloitte is the place for you! We acknowledge and fulfil your potential and offer you a strong professional network, where you can unfold your interests and passions.
Our Organisation, Transformation & Talent (OT&T) is part of Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital service area. In OT&T we work with organisational transformation and digital enablement. We combine insights about organisations, leadership and strategy in order to help top leaders’ translate their transformation agenda into a new organisational set-up, culture and behaviour. Digital Enablement is part of OT&T and we are committed to help companies achieve the full benefits of technology-driven transformations. This, by managing change inside the organisation and ensuring that each and every person is part of the transformation journey. And what’s even better, we have a blast doing it with technology, visuals and engaging tools.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to work with some of the largest and most complex organisations. As part of the team, you will work on client projects that go right to the core of helping businesses succeed in disrupted environments. We work across private and public sectors.
The nature of our work is changing. Digitalisation and big data allow us to analyse and design client organisations with greater rigour and speed than ever. As an Organisation Transformation & Talent consultant within our Digital Enablement team, you will work in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues from across the world. Deloitte is the world’s largest consulting firm with more than 8,500 people working with organisational transformation and change management serving clients out of offices in 150 countries. Every client gets the best experts that Deloitte offers, and often our teams are multinational. The global nature of our practice also gives you global career opportunities.
- Supporting clients in achieving the full benefits of the new technology through change management activities
- Measuring and following up on the impact of the change action by using analytics and qualitative feedback.
- Contributing to client projects with analytical thinking and being able to follow the project plan to deliver a superior client experience.
- Employing a business-oriented and structured mindset and building data-driven solutions that drive our clients’ transformation agenda toward tangible results.
- As part of a team, building relationships, establishing credibility with clients and instilling confidence in clients.
- Contributing to internal practice development by helping with sales pursuits and marketplace eminence by using and developing our methodologies.
- You have a passion for and/or experience in guiding organisations through major transformations to achieve sustainable change.
- You can engage with people at all levels of the organisation.
- You have an interest in technology and digital trends and how it interacts with people.
- You are able to work independently and in big or small teams and contribute positively to team dynamics.
- You have a natural grasp of what technology can mean for businesses and organisations.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- A master’s degree with top results and some experience from management consulting and/or organisational transformations.
We offer a distinct career pathway, while at the same time you are part of a team
It is essential to us that our talents develop. Therefore, we have a wide range of training options for developing the skills needed to succeed. We mix both externally accredited training and internal training, e.g. at Deloitte’s EMEA University campuses, and on a daily basis we work jointly across Deloitte’s eight North-Western Europe member firms.
In order for you to fulfil your potential, a talent manager will be assigned to you, and you will be part of our internal learning and development system – a setup that ensures that independent of seniority you will get the necessary support and method tools to form the basis of your career.
Further, we attach high importance to the social environment. If you feel like it, you can run, play squash, taste wines, use Deloitte’s fitness facilities or go to the movies with your colleagues. We spend a lot of time together and therefore it is important to supplement work and development with social activities and unity.
Impact that matters
We all aspire to fulfil our purpose – to make an impact that matters. Every single day. We measure our success in the quality, creativity, integrity and innovative in our solutions. Only the best is good enough. We do not just aspire to make solutions. We wish to create an impact that makes a positive and crucial difference for the people around us, our clients and our society.
Contact and application
Send us your application, your CV and other relevant documents by following the link below. Deadline is 29th of January 2017. We read the applications and invite to interviews continually. Therefore, we will recommend you to apply as soon as possible. Do not hesitate to contact Henriette Erbs at +45 29 64 99 09 or Lene Tolstrup Christensenon +45 30 93 65 76, if you have specific questions about the position. You can read more about Deloitte at deloitte.dk and about our career opportunities at karriere.deloitte.dk.